This is my recipe for flap jack, I use this when I’m hiking, its filling, calorie dense, and tastes good
- 600g Rolled Oats
- 300g Butter
- 300g Sugar
- 300g Honey
- 200g Glace Cherries (chopped)
- 200g Chopped Nuts (Walnuts/Brazil Nuts/Almonds/etc)
- Melt sugar, honey and butter in a sauce pan, and stir until the sugar is disolved.
- Add all other dry ingredients, mix well until the mixture is a nice sticky goo
- Empty into baking tray and bake for about 10-15minutes at 180C until golden on top
- Place in fridge until set
This contains about 7400 Calories, and makes enough for 10 GIANT flap jacks weighing about 200g each.