Now I have all the suspension bits, I decided to bleed the brakes, didn’t make a very good job of it for three reasons, the first was that the bleed screws didn’t appear to let fluid out of the hole at the top where the hose goes onto, but rather around the threads which makes a total mess. It turns out I was doing it wrong and I was unscrewing not the bleed screw, but the thing the bleed screw screws into, so I will try again and do it properly.
Secondly, I use an eezibleed because I’m impatient and I don’t like messing around with people pumping pedals and chanting traditional chants whilst facing east. However, the kit doesn’t have a fitting for the Girling reservoirs i have, so i took a spare lid, cut a hole in it, and fitted it with the adapter, i tested the pressure with the airline and it all looked good, screwed it in and connected it to the air line (Still at 15psi.) shortly afterwards, I was drenched by a torrent of dot 4 fluid as I’d forgot to put the rubber seal back in the lid before I screwed it on.
Lastly after much faffing around, I couldn’t get the air out, and so started cleaning up fluid, it made a right mess, but the reality was it was probably less than half a pint of fluid. Just as I finished tidying up I realized that the calipers had two bleed nipples per side (4 in total) I’d left the wheels on, and forgot there are inner and outer nipples at both top and bottom. What a plonker I felt.